R6 Keloid Cream:
(Updated Oct. 25, 2018)
R6 NEW Keloid Cream is a compounded cream that contained six different pharmaceutical ingredients. Dr. Tirgan has used R5 cream (with five ingredients) in several of his patients with some degree of success. The response in one patient has been very dramatic, encouraging Dr. Tirgan to prescribe this formulation - and now the R6 Cream - to many more of his patients. The image below depicts the before / after the appearance of this keloid that involved the right arm/elbow area. The image on the left was taken by Dr. Tirgan in his office in April 2014. The image on the right was taken by the patient in July 2018. All this patient had done was to apply the R5 Cream to this keloid for three years. This is a dramatic result.
Despite a short follow-up on the recent patients treated with R5 and R6 creams, Dr. Tirgan is encouraged by a more recent case of objective response to R5 cream. The second patient is a 59 years old African American Female who developed keloids on her chest following surgery. The lesions shown in the image below on the left side were causing significant pain and discomfort, to the point that this patient could not even touch her keloids. Within a few days of applying the R5 cream, this patient noticed a significant reduction in her keloid pain. The image on the right was taken 10 days after she started using the R5 cream. The surface of the keloid shows dark mottling and the whole keloid appears to be less inflamed. She is now able to press against the keloid and feels absolutely no discomfort. Although it is too soon to assess the response to the cream, this patient is encouraged to continue the treatment.
Early signs of possible response to R5 Cream:
Diffuse brown/black mottling on the surface of the keloid- seen in the case above, was observed in another patient (shown below). This may be an early indication that the product is effective.
The diffuse dark mottling on the surface of the keloid, as shown in this close-up picture of a neck keloid, can be the earliest sign of the activity of the cream. Also, noticeable is the brown color transformation of the microscopic blood vessels in the picture.
Who Should NOT take R5 or R6 creams:
- Anyone with a history of drug allergy (to any drug). We had one patient who had a known past allergy to NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) who used the R6 cream and had an allergic skin reaction. She was advised to stop using the cream
- Anyone who has never been a patient of Dr. Tirgan. This product is strictly for patients who have seen Dr. Tirgan in his office.
Where we are with R5 and R6 creams?
Ever since seeing this result, and as of January 20, 2019, Dr. Tirgan has prescribed this cream to over 150 of his patients. Most patients have been on the cream for about a few month now. 20% of patients have reported seeing significant improvement in the appearance of their keloids, but what is striking is that the cream has a clear anti-itch activity in about 66% patients who had itching and pain. This is very encouraging. For those of you who have been on the cream, please continue applying it to your keloid twice per day, unless you notice a problem.
Here are some of the positive comments from our patients who have used the cream:
- I started using the R5 cream on August 30th, 2018 and almost two months later I can honestly say that the keloid has improved. It has become flatter, less red and also the symptoms of pain and itchiness are still present but improved. I will continue to use the cream as long as Dr. Tirgan agrees and hopefully, it will become skin leveled (TC).
- Keloids have decreased in size slightly each day but is noticeable (JJ).
- The product has softened my keloids and has reduced some redness. The product has also made a few keloids smaller (EC).
- Less itching and burning. Some scars appear lighter and flatter (DS).
- I’ve had keloids are over 32 years. After applying the cream they are a bit softer and less “angry” although I must say that it is minimal yet I can notice it (CS).
- Swelling and thickness is getting less and secretion has also decreased. Noticed slight improvement in itching and irritation (GP).
- The itch has been reduced in all except the big one on my chest. The pain in my back has been less. The size of most of my keloids have been reduced. The smaller ones are most noticeably smaller. The big ones on my shoulders used to get very inflamed when it was time for another injection but they are not inflamed and appear to be getting smaller. I have not had or needed any injections since using the cream. I’ve been using the cream for about six weeks so far (PB).
- Some of the areas that are already flat but slightly red now have a more natural appearance. The part of the keloid that remained after the cryotherapy and somewhat raised may be a bit flatter and no longer itches. The smaller of the two keloid areas appears to show more improvement. Applying the cream to the very small keloid has resulted in flattening of the raised area (AC).
- So far so good! I'm glad I purchased the product (RA).
- It helps with the pain I use to feel, it has worked better in some areas than other.
- Day 1 after using R5 cream I noticed a difference right away. The keloids were a lot smaller, they also did not feel as bumpy. The color of my keloids matched my skin pigmentation with the exception of some of the bigger keloids still being light pink. After about 2 1/2 weeks of using the R5 I notice that after I put the cream on, the bigger keloids are very flattened for about 8 hours then rise back up. The bigger and more noticeable/ bumpier keloids are having a harder time diminishing. Overall, I am highly satisfied with the progress my keloids have made in the short amount of time that I have been using the R5 cream (MG).
- The cream had been working pretty good in my opinion. It feels like the keloid has gotten a lot smaller (AA).
- I have noticed that the texture of the keloid has softened and the color is changing and is less red and irritated looking and it seems like the borders are slowly starting to shrink (DB).
Here are all the negative comments from our patients who have used the cream:
Dr. Tirgan has advised 10 patients to stop using the cream.
- Three patients felt irritation at the site of their keloids. One patient with very small ear keloids noticed irritation and some swelling of the keloid lesions. She was advised to stop using the cream.
- One patient with a known history of allergic reactions to NSAIDs had an allergic reaction to the cream and was advised not to use the cream anymore.
- The rest did not see benefit from the cream
What is most interesting is that in some patients who had multiple keloid lesions, some lesions responded to the cream, while other lesions did not. Dr. Tirgan now has a handful of patients who are using the cream and also receiving standard treatment to lesions that do not respond to the cream.
Who can order the cream?
- At the current time, ONLY patients who have already been seen by Dr. Tirgan may purchase the cream.
- Please do not order the cream if you are not a patient of Dr. Tirgan.
- To place your order, please click the "Buy Now" button below. Please allow 5-7 business days for the shipment to arrive.
- Please contact DrTirgan@gmail.com with question you may have or if you notice any problems.
- Dr. Tirgan will update this page as he gains more knowledge about the impact of R5/R6 creams.
How to order the cream?
To order the cream, please call our office, 212 874 4200 from 8am-8pm and leave a message with your name and phone number. We will contact you to process your order. Please do not place any electronic orders through our website or any other websites for R5 R6 creams.
Orders Placed from March 10 to April 5
Due to a security breach, orders placed after March 10, 2019, through April 5, 2019, were being directed to a fraudulent PayPal account. If you placed an online order for R5 or R6 cream during this time, please review your records of the payment that is emailed to you with every PayPal transaction and please contact Dr. Tirgan and also PayPal to inform them about your transaction.
- When you get the cream for the first time, you should first apply a test dose of it to the back of your hand. This is to make sure that you are not sensitive to any ingredients of the cream. If you notice any issues such as itching, burning, or redness of your skin, wash your hands with water and soap, do not use the cream and contact Dr. Tirgan.
- If your skin test dose goes well, apply the cream to your keloid twice per day. Please clean your skin before applying the cream.
- Apply the cream only to the keloid area. Try to minimize the amount of the cream that goes on the normal skin.
- If the keloid is surrounded by a red margin, apply the cream to the red margin as well.
- When applying the cream to small facial keloids, use a Q-Tip and apply the cream only to the keloid tissue.
- Stop taking the cream if you notice any problems.
- Apply the cream for a minimum of TWO months unless you notice a problem.
- If you notice any degree of improvement, you should then continue the treatment.
- If you do not see any improvements at the end of two months, you can stop the treatment.
- Make sure you take pictures of your keloids before the start of treatment and on a regular basis (once a week) afterward in order to objectively assess the results.